AIMST UNIVERSITY POLICY ON STUDENT RESIDENCES
- All students who enroll at the University will have to stay on campus for the first half of their course of study as follows:
- 1 year compulsory stay on campus for Foundation Studies course
- 2 year compulsory stay on campus for a 3 or 4 year diploma / degree course
- 3 year compulsory stay on campus for a 5 year degree course
- Post –graduate course (optional)
- For students who proceed into the degree course through AIMST Foundation Studies, the 1 year Foundation Studies stay on campus is taken as being part of the compulsory stay of 2 or 3 years (refer to 1)
- Students (permanent residents) from Kuala Muda District i.e. from Gurun To Tikam Batu and Kuala Ketil To Tanjung Dawai are given the option to stay off-campus. (Please write in for approval and attach the following documents: Latest water bill, electricity bill and Sale & Purchase Agreement).
- Students staying at student residences on campus are not allowed to vacate until the tenancy term expires (unless on exceptional grounds approved by the Deputy Vice- Chancellor of Student Affairs Division).
- Students completing the tenancy term should inform in writing to Student Affairs Division, their intention to vacate by giving ONE MONTH NOTICE, failing which the students could be ‘auto-charged’ for the following semester/term. If no ONE MONTH NOTICE is given, the hostel deposit will not be refunded.
- Students who enrolled prior to September 2007 and who wish to withdraw from the Student Residence can only withdraw after fulfilling the ONE YEAR TENANCY AGREEMENT.
- Students staying in the Student Residences exceeding the agreed time period and who wish to withdraw can do so at the end of a semester/ term only.
- Students who have completed a course of study at the University will have to fill in the ‘Programme Completion Clearance Form’ before vacating the Student Residences.
- Any student withdrawing from the University in the midst of a course will have to do clearance using the ‘Withdrawal Form’ by filling in section D and E before vacating the Student Residences.
- If any student withdraws from the University or vacates in the midst of a course, there shall be no refund of balance from Student Residences fees paid for that semester/term. Only Student Residence deposit will be refunded.
- Students are to occupy and stay in the rooms allocated to them till the tenancy term expires and not to change rooms as they wish. Any request for change must be justified in written form.
- The cost of any damage caused willfully or recklessly in the Student Residences will be borne by the students occupying the respective rooms and apartments.
- All students staying in the Student Residences will be charged RM 30.00 per month for laundry services apart from the Student Residences Fees. The laundry charges will be posted at the beginning of every semester / term.
- All students staying in the Student Residences will be given three meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- For Student Residences and Laundry Fees List please refer to the back of this page. All payments are semester / term based.
AIMST UNIVERSITY STUDENT RESIDENCES ROOM RATES
Type of room and room charges:
- Type A (4 beds per room) – RM450 per month
- Type B (3 beds per room) – RM500 per month
- Type C (2 beds per room) – RM550 per month
- Type D (1 bed per room with air – conditioner) – RM650 per month
- Type E (room for physically disabled) – RM450 per month
Type of rooms subject to availability*
AIMST UNIVERSITY STUDENT RESIDENCES RESIDENCE CHARGES & LAUNDRY CHARGES
Student Residence Charges:
- Deposit (refundable): RM 200
- Key Charges : RM 10
- Maintenance Fee : RM 150 per annum
LAUNDRY CHARGES: RM 30 PER MONTH
ROOM AND LAUNDRY CHARGES TO BE PAID AT THE BEGINNING OF SEMESTER / TERM
Note: The Management of AIMST University reserves the right to make changes to the above charges as and when necessary without prior notification.